Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Economic Arguments About the Living Wage

I had thought about preparing a detailed post with comments on the Living Wage Economics document I found on the website of the campaign supporters. Then I realized that this was going to be something that would consume considerable amounts of time.

But then I thought: "hey, replying to such comments is exactly what you used to gladly do while working for the Peruvian Telecommunications Commission, so why not simply do again what you used to do in the past!". Then I realized that the difference is that in the past I got paid to reply to such comments; that is no longer the case.

I have also noticed that Jeff plans to do the same thing in The Living Wage: Part Ten point Seven Two, so I think I might just prepare a shorter post and free ride, in part, on his analysis.

Again, this post was written on May 9, 2006 at 3:55am, but will appear posted as soon as my blog gets unlocked.

2 Comments:

At 1:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Read the draft document when you get a chance. I talked about conditions degrading due to a high elasticity of supply for providing good working conditions. But actually I don't think that is the right terminology. Perhaps a substitution effect of reduced operating budget or something???

 
At 11:37 PM, Blogger bcj said...

Making comments to the original document is going to take me longer than expected. I simply lose my temper after commenting just a couple of paragraphs, so I better do it in small doses.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home